Thursday, February 13, 2014

Fugazzi Grand III : My Top 500 Albums (#412 and #411)

(#412, The Little Willies by The Little Willies)

I pretty much celebrate anything that Norah Jones lends her voice to.  I've been telling everyone for years that I do not enjoy country music, but iTunes classifies this as country music, so I guess I like country music.  This album is about half covers, half originals, and the musicianship is incredible.  "Roly Poly", one of the records cover tunes, is one of my daughter's favorite songs.









This was taken from the 2013 New Orleans JazzFest ... this is for Gracie ...




(#411, El Camino by The Black Keys)

True story.  I avoided this band for years because when I heard "The Black Keys", it made me think of "Black Eyed Peas", who I cannot stand.  Then these guys were booked for SNL, and discovered very quickly that they are a great rock band.  This album was co-produced and co-writeen by Danger Mouse (another human I gravitate towards in the world of music), and was purchased by me a few days after that SNL appearance, in early 2012, I want to say.  The album art is fantastic, and this album has become a favorite to listen to in my car on the way home from work.





Over 31 million people have viewed the video for "Lonely Boy".  Won't you join them?

No comments:

Post a Comment