Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Fugazzi Grand III : My Top 500 Albums (#388 and #387)

(#388, Is This It? by The Strokes)

These guys seemed to own 2002 for a period of time, and it almost seems like they've fallen off the face of the earth since then.  They've actually released four other albums since then, but I haven't heard a note from any of them, and I'm not really sure why.  This is a solid garage rock record, and I really am surprised that I haven't given them more of a look since 2002.  Perhaps it's because that's the last year that I watched any MTV2, and that is where I discovered them.








And even though you've all seen it, you probably haven't seen it recently.  Here's the video for "Last Nite" ...




(#387, Mission Bell by Amos Lee)

This album is the answer to an interesting trivia question.  Which album has the lowest sales ever for a number one record?  In its debut week, this album sold just over 40,000 copies, which was number one in the country, but that total is the lowest ever for a number one record.   I don't give a shit about trivia like that, I'm not even sure why I shared it.  This album is fantastic, featuring a good number of guest musicians, and was produced by Joey Burns of Calexico.








Here's "Violin" featuring Sam Beam ...

No comments:

Post a Comment