Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Fugazzi Grand III : My Top 500 Albums (#414 and #413)

(#414, Icky Thump by The White Stripes)

Sadly, this was the last record that the White Stripes ever recorded.  This album saw Jack and Meg return to the sound they were most associated with, and fans were not disappointed.   I can only hope that one day they will record again.












Check out the costumes featured in the video for "Conquest" ...




(#413, All Things Must Pass by George Harrison)

As much as I love this album, there is actually another triple album that I have ranked higher. Todd, don't ruin it for everyone!  I think my dad listened to this a lot when I was a kid, because when I listen to it, I always think of him.  Maybe it's because the first CD I ever saw/heard was my dad's copy of George Harrison's "Cloud Nine".










Here's "My Sweet Lord" from The Concert for George, featuring a bevy of talented folks ...

No comments:

Post a Comment