Monday, February 24, 2014

Fugazzi Grand III : My Top 500 Albums (#392 and #391)

(#392, Furr by Blitzen Trapper)

A big thank you to Todd Kemper for introducing this band to me, and this is not the last time these gents will show up on the list.  I would rank this band pretty high on a list of bands I need to make more time for.  Another solid listen from top to bottom.













This song is called "God and Suicide" ...




(#392, Admiral Fell Promises by Sun Kil Moon)

Todd, you are 2 for 2 tonight.  Mr Kemper also introduced me to Mark Kozelek and his many musical aliases a while back.  Of all of Kozelek's records, this is the one that he likes the most.  "Bury me with it.  That album is me at my best, my most focused.  It's cohesive, beautiful and my playing was inspired by the legendary Andres Segovia."  Over the past few months, I've been spending most of my time with his albums, and his latest, "Benji" is a masterpiece, and you will hear a track from it this Friday night on newgazzi 13.






Here is Alesund, track #1 from the record ...

No comments:

Post a Comment