Thursday, January 30, 2014

Fugazzi Grand III : My Top 500 Albums (#440 and #439)

(#441, I'm the Man by Joe Jackson)

This is the first of three Joe Jackson records you will see on the list.  In 2006, if memory serves me correctly, VH1 Classic (is that still a thing?) was playing a Joe Jackson concert film from 1982, and I believe "On Your Radio" was the first song of the setlist.  I bought this on impulse later that night.  Not a weak song in the bunch.










I can't find that same performance, but here is "On Your Radio" from a 1980 show ...




(#440, Flaming Pie by Paul McCartney)

I need to invest in this man's entire solo catalogue.  What I appreciate about Paul McCartney is his love for songwriting and his love for the recording process.  Some of his best solo songs are on this record ... "The Song We Were Singing", "The World Tonight", "Calico Skies", "Flaming Pie" and "Beautiful Night", just to name a few.  I pull this record out on a regular basis.











Here's the video for "Calico Skies", which I love ...

No comments:

Post a Comment