Friday, January 10, 2014

newgazzi 01.10.14

Here are the first newgazzi tracks of 2014 !  Check back every Friday for 5 new songs, and newgazzi Vol 12 will be unveiled on Friday, January 31st ...


Sharon Jones was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer last summer.  She's doing well, and has a new album coming out next week.  Here's the first single, "Stranger to My Happiness"



Todd Kemper will appreciate this selection ... here's Stephen Malkmus & The Jicks with "Cinnamon and Lesbians".  Todd's a huge Malkmus fan, and may or may not be a huge fan of cinnamon and/or lesbians.



The next three artists were all discovered on noisetrade, a website I leaned heavily on the first few months of newgazzi, but regrettably, found myself going away from during recent months.  I regret that, and will be utilizing them more going forward ...

This song is called "E" by Luke Peach, which can be downloaded for free with the rest of his EP "Letters", right here ...



Here's a song called "None of This Will Matter" by The Autumn Defense ...



And finally, this is "I Want Blood" by Water Liars ...




2 comments:

  1. Cool list. I've really gotten into The Autumn Defense. I saw them play a short set last fall. I've always like Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings and have like Malkmus for a while. I'm going to check out the other two bands now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. some months, I struggle to find 15 songs I like, so far in January, I've liked a lot of what I've heard. What's cool is that Luke Peach, The Autumn Defense and Water Liars all wrote me back today.

    ReplyDelete