Friday, January 10, 2014

Fugazzi Grand III : My Top 500 Albums (#482 and #481)

(#482, Darkness on the Edge of Town)

Admittedly, I'm not a big enough Sprinsteen fan to drop $100 on The Promise, which was the box set that included this original album, 21 unreleased tracks and a whole bunch of other goodies.  But I am a big enough fan to drop $7.99 at Barnes and Noble for an older pressing of the record.  This was the long awaited follow up to Born to Run, and saw Springsteen dive into more mature themes than what his listeners were used to on his first three records.   While this record doesn't have any monster hits on it, it's a solid listen from start to finish.






One of my favorite songs The Boss does live is "Badlands".  This is from Madison Square Garden ...




(#481, The Bearer of Bad News by Andy Shauf)

I discovered Andy Shauf while reading reviews in  one of my Paste Magazine editions back in 2008. When I was looking for songs for the first ever volume of newgazzi, I was pleasantly surprised to see that he had put out a new record.   This has become one of my Saturday afternoon staples over the past 12 months.











Here's "Hometown Hero", which is the song I featured on newgazzi Vol 1 back in Feb of 2012  ...

No comments:

Post a Comment