Monday, January 20, 2014

Fugazzi Grand III : My Top 500 Albums (#460 and #459)

(#460, Pictures by Katie Melua)

Sue Benson gets credit for introducing me to Katie Melua, and I believe it was one Jamie Armata who got me into this record.  If I'm mistaken about any of this, don't hesitate to correct me.  I love her voice, and this particular album has some of her best songs.  For reasons I can't explain, this is a record I enjoy listening to while it's raining.










Here's "If You Were a Sailboat" from the album ...




(#459, Shake! Shake! Shake! by Bronze Radio Return)

My buddy Nick Korth surprised me by giving me a bunch of records when I got back from the hospital after my heart attack in July of 2012.  This was one of the albums he got me.  I wasn't familiar with them, but I instantly liked what I heard.  Perhaps one day I'll have another heart attack, and Nick will get me more of their stuff ...










Won't you please enjoy the title track ...

No comments:

Post a Comment