Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Fugazzi Grand III : My Top 500 Albums (#470 and #469)

(#470, November by Grace & Tony)

This album came out like three months ago, and I'm already putting it on my Top 500 of all time list.  But I have to remind everyone that longevity may help you with a higher spot on the list, but it's not necessary to make the list.  This list comprises the 500 records I would like to take with me if I was sent to outer space for a period of time, and I've been playing the hell out of this for some time now.  One of these days, I'm gonna muster up the courage to grow one of those moustaches, too.








This song was featured on newgazzi Vol 10 in November, and it's called ... "November"




(#469, Parachute by Guster)

If I ever get around to ranking my all time favorite album covers of all time, this would make the top 10 for sure.  I'm not even sure why.  The band has gone on record that this is their least favorite recording, and they don't play these songs live too much these days, but I have always enjoyed it, since I became a fan of theirs in 2000.  Brian Rosenworcel is one of my favorite musicians, and his signature hand percussion technique can be heard all over this, and the next two Guster records they released.







Here is track #1 from the record, it's called "Fall in Two" ...

No comments:

Post a Comment