Thursday, January 23, 2014

Fugazzi Grand III : My Top 500 Albums (#454 and #453)

(#454, Morning Tide by The Little Ones)

If you're a regular visitor to newgazzi, you know that "Sing Song", the debut EP of The Little Ones, was ranked as #4 on My Top 20 EP's of All Time post last month.  This was their follow up, and while I prefer the EP, still quite enjoyable.  Thanks for the referral, Matthew Schewe!












Please enjoy the video for the title track, "Morning Tide" ...




(#453, Datarock Datarock by Datarock)

Give me a moment to confirm ... Yes.  This is officially my favorite album of all time, in the genre of Norwegian Dance Punk.  The definition of an impulse buy, I remember calling Todd Kemper one night, and asking him to recommend something that he thought I would love that I'd never heard of, and I would pick one album completely at random, based solely on the titles of the songs on the back.  He chose something from Los Campesinos (which you will see later this year), and I chose this Datarock album.  I can't say that I pull this out a ton, but when I do, I've always enjoyed it.  I guess I have to be in the proper mood.  By the way, if memory serves me correctly, Todd hates this record.



Here's "Bulldozer" from the album ...

No comments:

Post a Comment