Sunday, January 19, 2014

Fugazzi Grand III : My Top 500 Albums (#464 and #463)

(#464, Elephant Jokes by Robert Pollard)

This is the first of many Pollard entries on Fugazzi Grand III.  If anyone other than Todd Kemper is wondering, one of the biggest decisions I struggled with while coming up with this list was whether to include this or "Jack Sells the Cow" in the top 500.  I went back and forth for quite a while.  I'm still not sure I made the right decision.

I've always loved the Circus Devils record "Sgt Disco", and this is the Pollard album that reminds me the most of that record, but I really can't tell you why.  One thing I can say about this album, and many other Pollard long players, is that this release features about 5 or 6 fantastic songs, 2-3 absolute stinkers ("Newly Selected Dirt Spot", one of the worst Pollard songs of all time), but in the end, this is a pretty solid album.  I enjoy listening to this one in the car on the way home from work.


Here's track #1 ... "Things Have Changed (Down in Mexico City)" ...




(#463, The Wrestling Album by The World Wrestling Federation)

Go ahead, make your fun.  29 years after it was originally released, I still know every word to this album, and that includes the commentary by McMahon, "Mean" Gene and Jesse "The Body".  I'll bet you didn't know that Cyndi Lauper appears on 4 of the 10 songs on this album.  If you can name them without googling it, I want to be your friend.  Any guesses, Andy Gilmartin ?








Try not to enjoy this version of "Land of 1,000 Dances", featuring the Superstars of the World Wrestling Federation ...



No comments:

Post a Comment