Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Fugazzi Grand III : My Top 500 Albums (#458 and #457)

(#458, Real Emotional Trash by Stephen Malkmus & The Jicks)

Todd Kemper gets full credit for getting me into Pavement and Malkmus.  I never heard of them until 2003.  His records are fun.  I don't take them too seriously, but I think that's what he's going for, with song titles like "Dragonfly Pie", "Hopscotch Willie" and "Elmo Delmo".  The bottom line is, they sound really good, and again, they're fun records.  I'm looking forward to listening to the new one soon ...








My favorite song from this record is called "Baltimore" ...




(#457, Crazy For You by Best Coast)

Impulse buy at Best Buy a few years back.  If I remember correctly, I picked this up for $6.99, and wore the hell out of this for a few months.  I still pull it out quite frequently, and this isn't the last you'll see of Best Coast on Fugazzi Grand III.





























No comments:

Post a Comment