Saturday, January 18, 2014

Fugazzi Grand III : My Top 500 Albums (#466 and #465)

(#466, A Wasteland Companion by M Ward)

Big fan of Matt Ward, so much so, I may start going by the name J Buchholz.  Eventually, I am going to have to dive into the older records, as my appreciation for his work grows more and more each day.

The stand out tracks on this record are "Primitive Girl", "Crawl After You" and "Pure Joy", but this is a solid listen, 1-12.










Here is "Crawl After You" ...




(#465, Trouble Will Find Me by The National)

I went to see these guys live a few years back with Jamie and Todd.  I left disappointed.  One song from "Alligator" ??  That doesn't take anything away about how I feel about their records.  This is their newest one, and I'm enjoying more and more with each listen.  I hope I change my mind about wanting to see them live again, but next time, MORE ALLIGATOR, boys.










This video for "Sea of Love" is the goods ...

No comments:

Post a Comment