Thursday, January 23, 2014

newgazzi 01.24.14

Happy Friday, everyone ...

Here's four new songs I want to share with you, and one song that is 34 years old ... more like oldgazzi,  am I right, ladies ?











"Is This Who You Are" by Shy Boys

Love the vibe of this song.  Ah, the beauty of spending three hours on iTunes and finding new stuff ...

click here to listen to "Is This Who You Are"















"Everyday Robots" by Damon Albarn

You know him from Blur and Gorillaz.  This is his first solo album, and a must listen.

Here's the video ...














"Traces of You" by Anoushka Shankar & Norah Jones

I hope you're not tired of Norah Jones, as she was featured last month as well.  Anoushka Shankar is her half sister, and this is her 6th album.  Norah Jones provides the vocals on three tracks, including this one ...

















"Happy Pop" by Elizabeth & the Catapult

I discovered Elizabeth & the Catapult on the Paste samplers in 2009, and when I saw this new record was out, I was curious to hear it.  Great record, and I love the album art ... I really think you'll like this song ...















"Fuck Everybody" by Mike Angelo & The Idols

This is for Andy Gilmartin, and for anyone else who bought "The Wrestling Album" in 1985.  "Rowdy" Roddy Piper's cut on the album, "For Everybody" is a cover of this song.  I didn't realize it was a cover until a few weeks ago.









Check back next week for newgazzi Vol 12, featuring these five artists, as well as Sharon Jones & the Dap Kings, Luke Peach, The Autumn Defense, Water Liars, Stephen Malkmus & The Jicks, Rae Morris, The Lowest Pair, James Vincent McMorrow, Mary Lambert and Peter Chung.

No comments:

Post a Comment