Thursday, January 23, 2014

Fugazzi Grand III : My Top 500 Albums (#456 and #455)

(#456, Hideaway by The Weepies)

The Weepies are made up Deb Talan and Steve Tannen, a married couple from Cambridge, MA.  I discovered them on the Paste samplers in early 2008, and almost immediately ate up the rest of their discography.  This was my introduction to the band, and not the last time you'll see them on this list.












This is the first song I ever heard from them, "Hideaway", followed by the video for "Can't Go Back Now" ....






(#455, Water in a Whale by Jillette Johnson)

Jillette Johnson was one of the first artists I discovered on NoiseTrade a year ago.  She had posted an EP of songs that would eventually end up on her debut full length, "Water in a Whale".  This record has a good numbered of great songs, "Torpedo", "Cameron", "When the Ship Goes Down", but the Piece de resistance is a song called "Pauvre Coeur", which translates to "Poor Heart".  Just a fantastic recording, I can't wait to see what Jillette Johnson does next ...








Here is a mind blowing version of "Pauvre Coeur" for your enjoyment ...

No comments:

Post a Comment