Saturday, January 25, 2014

Fugazzi Grand III : My Top 500 Albums (#450 and #449)

(#450, The Lone Bellow by The Lone Bellow)

At the end of last year, I ranked this album as my 8th favorite of 2013, but quite honestly, it's the record I've been listening the most to the last few weeks.  It is solid from start to finish, but my favorite songs include "Green Eyes and a Heart of Gold", "Two Sides of Lonely", "You Never Need Nobody" and "The One You Should've Let Go".  I have a great feeling that, if I re-rank these albums 10 years from now, this will be much higher.









Here is my 9th favorite song from 2013, "You Never Need Nobody" ...




(#449, Last Days at the Lodge by Amos Lee)

Amos Lee is an artist I discovered on the Paste samplers in the summer of 2008.  I was instantly drawn to his musicianship and vocals, and he's slowly become one of my favorite artists.  Much like The Lone Bellow, I expect his records to climb if I were to ever re-rank these in the future.

The stand out tracks for me are "Listen", "Won't Let Me Go", "What's Been Going On" and "Better Days".








Take a listen to "What's Been Going On" from the record ...

No comments:

Post a Comment