Sunday, January 12, 2014

Fugazzi Grand III : My Top 500 Albums (#478 and #477)

(#478, Waiting for the Sun by The Doors)

Sure, I was introduced to this album by Bruce McCulloch, like a lot of was were when we bought Shame-Based Man in 1995.  But I never heard it until I found it at Barnes and Noble for, I don't know, $5.99 about 3 years ago.  And I guess I'm ashamed to admit that I found out that night that "Hello, I Love You" was a Doors Song, as I always assumed it was an Adam Ant song.  This is a good Saturday night, the family is asleep, I'm writing, I'm enjoying some Greek Yogurt kind of record ... whatever that means.







Here's "Waiting for the Sun" ...




(#477, The Life Pursuit by Belle & Sebastian)

Barry from High Fidelity may not be a fan, but I'm with Dick and Rob Gordon.  I like it.  Belle & Sebastian have become favorites to listen to in the car over the past 5 years or so.  I'm still in the process of getting familiar with the rest of their discography, but this is not the last time you will see them on this list.

Hey, Tim Vertz, if you're reading this.  Can I have my High Fidelity DVD back?  Or Amber, since you took Tim's place at IKON, can you buy me a new one?






This ...



And here's "For the Price of a Cup of Tea" ... and no, he's not saying "Billy Joel", he's saying "village joke".  But I thought the same thing, too ...






No comments:

Post a Comment