Sunday, January 19, 2014

Fugazzi Grand III : My Top 500 Albums (#462 and #461)

(#462, The Golden Age by Woodkid)

Up until last March, I didn't know anything about Yoann Lemoine.  I stumbled upon this album while looking for new music for newgazzi Vol 2, and was instantly drawn to sounds I heard on this record.  As it turns out, he's directed many videos for relevant pop stars over the past five years (Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, Lana Del Rey, just to name a few).

This album is fantastic, and I can't wait to see what he does next.








Check out "Run Boy Run", which I featured on newgazzi Vol 2 last March ...




(#461, All of Us in Our Night by Modern Skirts)

Another band that was discovered on the Paste Samplers.  I don't spend enough time with this record, but I think I'm going to make up for lost time and listen to it about 6 times tonight.  Because I can ...













Here's "Soft Pedals" ...



No comments:

Post a Comment