Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Fugazzi Grand III : My Top 500 Albums (#488 and #487)

(#488, A Thing Called Divine Fits by Divine Fits)

Or as my daughter calls it, "The Cherry Record". Divine Fits came about in 2011 at the suggestion of Britt Daniel of Spoon.  Kevin Schneider got me into Spoon about ten years ago, and I've been a fan of pretty much every thing Britt Daniel has done since then.  If you're keeping score at home, Kevin Schneider is no longer a fan.











Here's Divine Fits performing "Flaggin a Ride" on KCRW's Apogee Sessions ...




(#487, Page One by Steven Page)

I don't think I'm alone when I say that as a fan of Barenaked Ladies fan, I miss having Steven Page in the band.  I haven't purchased anything by BNL since he left.  It just doesn't feel right.  One day, I took my daughter to the local library, and found this on the new releases shelf of their sparse music section.  I've always enjoyed this man's voice, and will continue to be a fan.  While I will fully support the possibility of a "Page Two", I'm really hoping for his return to the band.  But in the meantime, I will listen to this ...







Here is "Indecision" from the album ...

No comments:

Post a Comment