Friday, January 24, 2014

Fugazzi Grand III : My Top 500 Albums (#452 and #451)

(#452, Phantoms by Ume)

I'm not even sure this band has a Wikipedia page. Dan Lozoff has recommended a lot of music to me in the past, and consider this one of the better records he asked me to make time for.  I remember him telling me, "I envy your virgin ears for being able to hear this for the first time".  I'm having a hard time finding anything else about this band, but I can only name about 451 albums I'd rather listen to right now.









Here's a song from the album called "Captive" ...




(#451, This One's For the Ladies by Young Fresh Fellows)

A favorite of Todd Kemper's, this is another band I know relatively nothing about, other than Todd burned this me for me years ago, and I'm glad that he did.  "Taco Wagon" made Fugazzi Grand in 2010 as my 966th favorite song of all time.












Here's a live version of "Taco Wagon" ...

No comments:

Post a Comment